On Monday I finally started my Russian Evening Course at Trinity College. This semester I am now an official student of both, the youngest (DCU - 1989) and the oldest (TCD - 1592) University of Dublin.
Also, in this week the more than 100 different Clubs and Societies of DCU introduced themselves. You could find everything and anything at the fair. Starting with a Harry Potter Society, over the Tea Society to the Ultimate Frisbee club. If I would have followed my impulse I would now be a member of about 20 of the Clubs and Socs (and also would have 40€ less by now). Due to the 2€ membership fee I decided to join only six Clubs and Socs:
Model UN
To be honest, I only joined this Soc so I could go on a field trip to the Irish Parliament...GAA Gaelic Football (Ladies) Club
Let's hope I will survive my first encounter with the Irish national sport...Gym&Tramp Club
I really, really want to learn how to do a somersault.Surf'n'Sail Society
Apparently Ireland has some of the finest locations for surfing in Europe. I just could not miss such an opportunity...An Cumann Gaelach
Once I am in Ireland I might as well learn how to speak Irish "Gaelige".Food Society
Oh come on, that one was obvious... :-)
So far about my academic life in this week... What else was going on? A Pillow Fight Party with lots of other Erasmus Students. We had great craic! (= We had great fun!)
To every semester start there is the obligatory visit to IKEA. Thanks to that our apartment turned into a really comfy and cozy place. :-)
(Photos will follow once the apartment is cleaned up well enough to take them... ;-) )
And that's it about week three... Because unfortunately I had to spent the weekend in bed. The initiation ritual for exchange students: the sniffles, coughing, a sore throat and fever, or as our professors like to say: "Welcome to Ireland!"




No comments:
Post a Comment